Versatile Blogger Award
To start, I would like to thank the beautiful Kammie over at Sensual Appeal for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I am thrilled and completely honored to be listed amongst many other fabulous blogs. If I could, I would nominate Kammie right back, she has an amazing new blog with tons of gorgeous photos and healthy recipes, go check her out! :)
You may be asking, what is the Versatile Blogger Award? I hadn’t heard of it until yesterday and discovered ”It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”
Ever since I started Natural Noshing, I’ve come across tons of amazing blogs and the incredible people behind them. The following 15 are ones I follow on a regular basis and can’t wait to see they are about to post next. So here we go, in no particular order the following are blogs that I am nominating are:
- TexanErin Baking – Erin’s blog is gorgeous, her photos are impeccable and she seems so sweet that I want to giver her a giant hug. Her blog is packed with amazing recipes and while not all are gluten free, they are either whole grain or health-ified in some way.
- Fork and Beans – I can’t say enough about this spunky and super fun blog and the amazing woman behind the creativity. If you’ve followed me for awhile, it’s no doubt you have seen her name before…Cara’s blog focuses on gluten free and vegan goodies and will make you feel like a kid again while encouraging you to play with your food. Not to mention she is one of the most inspiring, kind and real people I’ve ever met.
- Food Doodles – first off, I love the name of Heidi’s blog and it completely fits her site and all her creative recipes! Heidi aims at making healthy food for her two kiddos while encouraging her hubby to eat more veggies along the way. While not all recipes are gluten free, most are easily adaptable for my needs and Im constantly drooling over her recipes and photos!
- The Healthy Foodie – If I could live in one person’s mind for a week (scary thought?), it would be Sonia’s – she is extremely talented with her innovative, healthy recipes and her photos will knock your socks off. Talk about food porn, this blog has that description written all over it and she constantly inspires me in the kitchen.
- SpaBettie – Kristina is the master of “clean eating and fun movement balanced with the right amount of indulgence” as her blog so perfectly states. She comes up with chef-worthy concoctions that always leave me wanting more, plus most are gluten free and/or vegan. I am not a veggie but she might just convince me that I could give up meat.
- Cravings Gone Clean – I’m always excited to see what enticing yet clean recipes Lauren will come up with next. Lauren is a personal trainer and studying to be a nutritionist too so she shares healthy AND yummy recipes that won’t make you feel deprived!
- Chockohlawtay – talk about tempting, healthy desserts, Jessica’s blog will make you want to eat dessert all day long! Fantastic photos accompany healthy and higher protein desserts, and many are gluten free.
- Healthful Pursuit – Leanne is a rockstar in the kitchen and she’s no stranger to the blogosphere. Her blog includes beautiful photos of all her allergen-free recipes plus she has a ton of knowledge as a holistic nutritionist so she explains her food choices. I’d love to pick her creative brain — I would eat at her house every day if she’d let me.
- Pinch of Yum – The name says it all. I love the humor in Lindsay’s blog and I can only imagine she is as fun in person as she is through her posts. Another 100% drool-worthy blog that has both indulgent and lighter choices depending on her mood…her photos are flawless. And she loves pugs.
- Tasty Yummies – Beth’s blog is full of healthy gluten free and vegetarian recipes – all of her stuff looks so good!
- Vanilla and Spice – I came across Genevieve’s blog a couple months ago and couldn’t stop looking through her vegetarian recipes – innovative, clean and delicious! My eyes glazed over when I saw all her gorgeous recipes, plus one of her favorite ingredients is peanut butter (my food love).
- Fridge Scrapings – Lou’s blog is full of surprises, wit and creative recipes. She comes up with delicious concoctions in the kitchen while feeding her family on a budget. I bet she is a blast to hang out with too.
- Colourful Palate – Charissa’s sweet nature shines through on her blog, not to mention she has a passion for fitness, health and delicious recipes. I love her tagline, ” To me, balanced living is chocolate on whole wheat toast”. Too cute.
- In Pursuit of More – Shira’s blog looks and sounds like a book of poetry – it’s soothing, lovely and a breath of fresh air. She describes herself as a “I’m just a girl on a journey. A journey to finding more with less.” Simply but beautiful put, just like her recipes and photos.
- The Vegan Chickpea – I discovered Caitlin’s blog a few months ago and really enjoy it! She is always coming up with amazing vegan and gluten free recipes that make me want to jump in the kitchen.
Now, here are some fun facts about me:
- I am adopted and was on a plane when I was only a couple days old.
- If I could wear exercise pants/capris for the rest of my life, I totally would.
- BBQ chips are my nemesis – I got sick in middle school at a sleepover and to this day I can’t stand the smell, yet I do love BBQ cuisine.
- I would love to backpack the whole Appalachian Trail. I’ve only hiked one 1-week section and it was incredible.
- My first car was a yellow Ford Escape. I still miss that car to this day.
- I don’t like to shower (don’t worry I do, I just don’t like to)
- I consume handfuls AND spoonfuls of nuts and nut butter daily – giant servings still don’t satisfy my cravings
According to VBA, I must repost the “official rules” for those of you I’ve mentioned if you haven’t already been nominated!
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .